The new firmware is not a major change for users who have already received the first Android 4.2.2 JB firmware a few months ago, and it comes with few stability enhancements and bug fixes. So, to resume this new firmware is stable, fast and in additional solve the battery drain problems.
Prerequisites and guidelines required:
- Firstly, make sure that the new update isn’t OTA available for your device, for see that go to: “settings -> about phone -> firmware version’ and check for the notifications. If the new software is there, you can automatically download and install it.
- If there isn’t any OTA update or the Galaxy Grand device is a rooted device then a manual update step by step guide should be necessary in terms of installing an official Android 4.2.2 firmware.
- This step by step guide and all the files used in this guide are compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Grand model number I9082 device. So, knowing that do not try to install the new official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for any incorrect smartphone or tablet model.
- This step by step guide can be completed for both unrooted or rooted devices.
- If the galaxy Grand device is rooted, then applying an official firmware the root access will be revoked, but the warranty for it will be restored.
- For this guide,we will use a Windows computer based, Odin flashing tool, the USB cable and the Samsung Galaxy Grand device.
- Backup all the data stored into the device’s internal memory, this is a manual method and never know what can happen, so backup your contacts, SMS, MMS, call logs history, market applications and other important data for you as a prevention. For take a full backup you can use the suitable backup and restore tools available in Google Play store.
- Uninstall or disable the security tools such as antivirus, firewalls and any other malware protections, these programs can interfere with the flashing process and can interrupt it.
- The Samsung Galaxy Grand device’s battery must be charged before move to any action, so make sure that in its battery is more than 80 % power left.
- Download and install the appropriate USB drivers on the PC, if you don’t have the USB drivers then you can use the Samsung Kies app for installing the same.
- Make sure you don’t skip any step from above and below if you want to safety flash the new firmware on the smartphone.
How to Update Samusng Galaxy Grand I9082 with latest official XXUBMHD Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
- Firstly, download the Galaxy Grand I9082 XXUBMHD firmware on your PC from hereand save it in the PC.
- Secondly, unzip the downloaded package on the desktop PC.
- Download ODIN save it in the PC, unzip and install it.
- Now, launch the Odin app on the PC.
- Power off the phone, and make sure it is complete turned off. A vibration will confirm the turn off completely process.
- Boot it into Download Mode menu, to do this press and keep holding the home, power and volume down buttons simultaneous.
- Connect the Android device to the PC, using the USB cable.
- Odin has to recognize the Galaxy Grand smartphone and the ID:COM will turn blue or yellow plus the “added” message will be displayed into ODIN interface.
- If the ODIN didn’t recognize the phone and the added message isn’t displayed, then disconnect the smartphone from the PC, close the ODIN, and reinstall the USB drivers once again, then retry the step by step guide from the beginning.
- Now, click the “PDA” button from ODIN.
- Browse and pick the extracted download firmware file.
- Click on START from ODIN.
- Don’t make any changes, only wait ODIN to finish the flash process.
- Once the installation process is done, a “pass” message will be displayed on the ODIN and the ID:COM will turn green.
- Now, disconnect the device from PC.
- Reboot the device.
Congratulation, now you’ve successfully learned how manually installs the new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official XXUBMHD into Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 device.
- If the device will enter into a boot loop at the first boot on the new firmware, you have to :
- Reboot the device into recovery mode
- From the Recovery Mode select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Reboot the device.
- If the ODIN app gets stuck during the step by step guide, you have to:
- Close the ODIN
- Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Force to restart the device.
- Re-install once again the Galaxy Grand USB drivers and repeat the procedure from the beginning.
For any other supplementary questions or issues, please don’t hesitate to put them in our comment section from below.