Now You Can Update Samsung Glaxy Gio S5660 To Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 By Simple Method Using CyanogenMod 10.1
All these instructions listed here and the files used in this guide work with Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 only, so knowing that DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL this firmware on any other incorrect device or you can easily brick them damage.
The new CyanogenMod (CM) 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy Gio firmware is built on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS platform and brings with some notable new features such as GPS and A-GPS functionality, 2D and 3D graphics hardware acceleration, Native sensors, Audio for speakers, headphones and microphone, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, Video hardware acceleration, Google Play Store application integrated, Android Jelly Bean goodies, YouTube High Quality, Deep sleep, Native FM radio, Native Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB tethering, Backlight buttons and more.
Prerequisites and Requirements:
- Backup all your data stored into device’s internal memory, do not try to use the Samsung Kies app to get the backup as the CM 10.1 is a custom ROM firmware.
- Ensure that the device’s battery has more than 70% power left, or else you risk obtaining a forced power off in the middle of the flashing process and to brick or damage your device.
- Next, download and install in the PC the suitable USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy GIO device.
- Root the Samsung Galaxy GIO device, and flash a custom recovery image such as ClockworkMod recovery (CWM).
- Now, from the next path: “Settings > Application > Development > USB debugging mode” enable the USB debugging mode option.
- All these instructions and the file are provided only for educational and instructional purposing, so we cannot be held liable or responsible for any data lost or brick or damage device during or after the flashing process. Users are advised to use this guide on their own risk.
- Keep in your mind that the CyanogenMod 10.1is not an official firmware released by Samsung, it is a custom ROM, and a manually step by step method may damage the Samsung Galaxy GIO device, that’s why this guide is meaning only for Advanced Android users which know to install a custom ROM in their device.
- For any issues, you can contact the Maclaw the original thread.
How to install the CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy GIO smartphone.
- First, download the flashing file from here and save it in your PC.
- Secondly, download the Google Apps package and save it in your PC.
- Do not extract the downloaded files.
- Now, connect the Galaxy Gio S5660 to PC using the USB cord.
- Next, move (copy and paste) the downloaded CM 10.1 files and the Google Apps pack to the SD card.
- Once the downloaded files are complete copied, disconnect the smartphone from the PC.
- Turn the smartphone off.
- Boot it into recovery mode. (Press and keep holding the Volume UP, Home and Power buttons simultaneous till the Samsung Logo is displayed).
- Now, from the Recovery mode get a Nandroid backup for your actual running ROM. To do this select from the Recovery Mode the “backup and restore > backup” option. (The saved backup ROM file is stored inside of device’s SD card, this backup can be restored in case you don’t like the new firmware or something unpleasant is happening during or after the flashing process.
- Now, select “wipe data/factory reset” then “wipe cache partition “then select “advanced > wipe Dalvik cache.”
- Next, return to the main Recovery Mode menu and flash the CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM.
- Select “install zip from SD card” then “choose zip from SD card” search the firmware file and confirm installation.”
- Apply the above step once again, but select the Google Apps package.
- Once the flashing process has been done, return in the main Recovery Mode menu.
- From the main Recovery Mode menu select “reboot system now.”
- The Galaxy Gio will reboot, now wait around 5 minutes to load the new firmware and to display the home screen.
That’s all, you successfully learned how to install the CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM built on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Gio device.